This morning I woke up to worship and one of the songs played was 10,000 reasons, I loved every second I sang my heart out. I had been waiting for a chapel to impact me the way this morning did. It was Spanish chapel, of all things. It was like home, everything was in God's hands because I felt like everything spoken and sang was made for my life. The message was about how when Jesus and His disciples were in a boat during a storm, they woke Jesus up and He was kind of upset and told them they had little faith. There was a metaphor as to how the boat was our lives and the storm was our struggles. Then, the part that got to me was when the speaker said it startled Jesus because the disciples forgot that though the storm was occurring He was in the boat. It touched me because it happens often, I sometimes forget that through it all God is in my life, even if He seems to be "sleeping." Now, the song 10,000 reasons has now become one of my favorite songs because it shows how AMAZING God is and that there is ALWAYS a reason to worship His name.
I guess this morning goes back to church on Sunday. It was a blessing to finally hear my pastor preach. He urged us that we NEED to fall in love and stay in love with God. He also told us that every blessing, even the smallest are all blessings that the Lord is giving His people and it's time to start realizing that "we are like the farmer who was waiting for rain, the Lord has sent it, and it's time to harvest." The Lord says that He will continuously bless us, but it won't always be at the time we want these blessings to happen. I'm so thankful because I've realized that I can say I have been harvesting my blessings. One example was having to pay college tuition for a semester in tears, but somehow the Lord had blessed me with the finances. I have life, I have amazing people to call friends. I have found that I am worthy, that even though God's love for me is the only reason I am saved, it was enough to prove my worth. I noticed the change in my heart and it's definitely for the better.
So I figured that with all of God's Greatness and all that is within me that has worth because of Christ, why not find 10,000 and more reasons to live for Him and worship Him, right?


No comments:
Post a Comment